I am not sure why people think that going to a party with non-drinkers is a disadvantage.
Personally I love non-drinking friends.. I especially love going to parties with a non-drinking friend, rather than a drinking one.
Here are some of the reasons for that:
1. Non-Drinkers are always the only Sober people around at the end of the party and you can rely on them to bring you Home.
2. You can drink in the car while being driven around by your non-drinking friend and are assured of reaching home in one piece.
3. Your non-drinking friend usually stops you from making a perfect ass of yourself when you are drunk. And even if you do, you can always get away with “Sorry man, I was drunk” and he understands 😉
4. You never have to offer a drink to your friend. Your drink costs Rs. 300 – 500 and his drink costs Rs. 50 – 100. You can drink his coke, but he cant drink your scotch. 🙂 🙂
This comes in handy especially if you are footing the bill 😉
5. You never feel bad about him drinking more than you do and finishing off the last drop of the last bottle. Its been YOU, yourself, all the time !!! No jealousy there.
6. Whether he enjoys the party or not, you are sure to enjoy the party. If he enjoys it too, hey thats cool !! If not, he can sit in the corner sipping on his lime juice while you dance like a clown 😛
7. He is the perfect person to hand over your phone or other stuff which you are bound to lose after you get drunk…. just make sure you don’t hand over your girlfriend to him 🙂
8. And the best part is that if you get into a fight, he is the only one who can land his punches, so having non drinkers on your team makes you win the drunken brawl. And he carries you back when you fall down too 😛
9. A non drinking friend can be exceptionally helpful when it comes to hitting on girls at a party. If she slaps you, he will always come to your rescue and save you from being kicked in the balls too.
10.When the party ends and the floor is spinning and the earth is rotating faster around its axis than usual, it is your non drinking friend, who always has enough sense to come out of the place with a bottle of water under one arm and you under the other. He knows you are going to need that water when you spend time on the side of the street, bent over and emptying the contents of your stomach.
Okay so maybe he does eat up your “Chakna” but I think its a pretty small price to pay for someone who has all the above qualities. Dont you agree?
Disclaimer: All non-drinking friends of mine who love to party and can drive, please let me know your schedules. The weekend is coming close.